If like me you use your Cpanel email accounts for your domains with your hosting provider then you probably don’t want to miss an all important email from a client. Below is a quick setup guide to get you started
You have already created a new email account in your hosting providers cpanel.
- From the main Iphone screen, click Settings.
- Under Settings, select Mail.
- Select Add Account
- Select Other as the type of account.
- Enter the requested information:
- Name: the name of the mail user
- Address: the email address of the mail user
- Description: a description of the mail user
- Host Name: enter the mail server mail.yourdomain.com (incoming mail server & external mail server)
- User Name: enter the full email address (incoming mail server and external mail server) E.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: enter the users password (incoming mail server and external mail server)
- Click Save.
- If you see a message that says “Cannot Connect Using SSL”, click “Yes” when asked to setup the account without SSL.
- Click “Save”.
- Click Settings for the account you just created.
- Click Advanced.
- Set Incoming “Uses SSL” and Outgoing Use SSL to “OFF”.
- Under Incoming settings, click Authentication and select Password.
- Under Outgoing settings, click Authentication and select Password.
- Now send an email to the new email address you created and wait for your Iphone to ping with a new email 🙂